- Parks & Recreation
- Holmdel Swim Club
- Swim & Tennis Center Rules and Regulations
Swim & Tennis Center Rules and Regulations
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE VERSION OF RULES & REGULATIONS
RULES FOR 2022 MAY BE UPDATED AS ADDITIONAL/NEW GUIDELINES
ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY.
These rules are established to maintain the safety and comfort of our members and guests. Management will enforce these rules and regulations. All members and guests should read and follow the rules. Holmdel Swim Club assumes no responsibility for personal injuries sustained by members or guests and the Swim Club is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property.
GENERAL SWIM CLUB RULES
- ID Cards: members are required to display their ID card for admittance. Transfer of ID cards constitutes grounds for suspension or revocation of membership. There is a $10 replacement fee for all lost or defaced ID cards.
- Any member under 16 years of age must be accompanied/supervised by an adult at all times (member 18 years of age or older or guest 21 years of age or older – proof of age required).
- Smoking: is not allowed anywhere inside the fenced in pool grounds. This includes the use of electronic smoking devices.
- Alcoholic beverages: are not permitted on the premises and parking lot. Anyone observed drinking alcohol or using an illegal substance or appearing to be under the influence will be refused admission or asked to leave the facility.
- Destruction or defacing of property: will result in the immediate expulsion from the facility and suspension or revocation of membership. Membership fees will not be refunded.
- For their safety: children five (5) years and younger are not permitted to enter the locker room without adult supervision.
- Chairs/Lounges: are on a first-come, first-served basis. Please refrain from saving chairs or using them to store belongings. Please be considerate, do not take more than one chair per person. If you need assistance moving a chair, please ask a staff member to help. You may bring in your own chair/lounge. Please note: chairs/lounges will not be available for the 2022 season.
- Lockers: are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Members must supply their own locks. Please do not store food in the lockers.
- Food and beverages: are only permitted at the Snack Bar or in the Csulak Grove. We ask that you please clean up your table when you are done so the next person may use it. Please comply with all recycling regulations (no glass containers are permitted).
- Deliveries of outside food: are not permitted to the Swim Club.
- LIFEGUARDS: Lifeguards are empowered to enforce swimming regulations. Members and guests must comply with the lifeguard instructions. Lifeguards are authorized to impose “time outs” for members who are breaking facility rules. “Time Outs” may last up to fifteen (15) minutes depending on the violation. Lifeguards are authorized to require anyone who may be a threat to themselves or others to exit the pool and/or surrounding area.
- Running, ball playing or similar activities: are not permitted on the pool deck (concrete areas).
- Roughness, profanity or any other conduct affecting the safety and comfort of others is prohibited.
- Parents/guardians allowing their children to urinate or defecate in pools or on the grounds will be subject to suspension.
- Bikes, skateboards, vehicles, skates, musical devices, Styrofoam floatation devices and water guns are not permitted.
- Sale and solicitation of goods: is prohibited; this applies to all members and guests regardless of age.
- Members and guests attending swim team/swim lessons are asked to exit the facility by 10:30am. Members must present their ID to re-enter; guests require a daily pass. Please note: by following this rule, it will allow the staff to get the club ready for the general membership.
- Locker Room Cleaning: The locker rooms will be closed at various intervals for cleaning. The process takes about fifteen (15) minutes. Please be patient as work to keep the facility clean and safe for our members.
- Shade Shelters: Members are not permitted to reserve specific shade shelters. Shelters are for all members to use and enjoy.
- Parking: parking is permitted only in designated spaces. Handicap parking rules must be observed. Anyone not following the designated parking rules is subject to municipal regulations.
- See Something, Say something: members should notify the manager on duty if you witness any rules violations.
Adults Swim is done at the discretion of the manager on duty. The manager on duty will make a determination based on attendance and weather conditions if an adult swim is necessary. If an adult swim is called by the manager, it will be fifteen (15) minutes in duration.
THUNDER & LIGHTNING STORM
“WHEN THUNDER ROARS, GO INDOORS”
In the event of thunder or lightning, members & guests will be cleared from the water and surrounding area for their safety. Members, guests and staff are not safe congregating under trees or shelters. At the sound of thunder or sighting of lightning, the facility will be closed and cleared. Members and guests must exit the facility and seek shelter in their vehicles to wait for the storm to pass. Members shall not wait in any outside area of the facility. In the event the storm passes, the facility will re-open. The storm is considered over thirty (30) minutes after the last sound of thunder or sighting of lightning and there are evident signs of clearing (i.e. sky is not dark and threatening). If the facility closes due to bad weather, refunds or rain checks are not issued, regardless of the time the member or guests entered the facility.
POOL CLOSING POLICY
Swim Club management has the right to the close the facility or an individual pool at its’ discretion and due to any of the following:
- Inclement weather (see Thunder & Lightning Policy)
- Concern for member safety, health and welfare.
- Facility attendance.
- Staff availability.
- Operational/Mechanical difficulties.
- Home swim meets, swim team events and other posted events (see bulletin board).
- All pools will close fifteen (15) minutes before closing time. Locker rooms will close five (5) minutes before closing time.
- If the facility has been closed until 5:00 pm it will remain closed for the rest of the day.
- All pool closings are communicated to members via email, Swim Club Facebook page, and Swim Club website.
POOL CLOSING – HYGIENE INCIDENT
In the event of a hygiene incident, the affected pool will be closed for an indefinite amount of time. The closure will depend on the severity of the incident and the level of chlorine at the time of the incident. If the facility closes due to a hygiene incident, refunds or rain checks are not issued. Preventative measures can alleviate the frustration of having to close a pool due to one of these incidents. Please encourage children to use the restroom facilities often. All infants wearing diapers must wear swim diapers with rubber pants with snug fitting elastic waist and leg bands in the pool.
GUEST ADMISSION POLICY
Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times. Members who are under 16 years old must be accompanied by a guest who is 21 years of age or older.
- Guest admissions are non-refundable. Rain checks are not issued.
- Members are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- There is a limit of five (5) guest passes per paid membership per day. If you know in advance you will have more than five (5) guests, please contact the manager prior to bringing your guests to the club for approval.
- Members not declaring their guests are subject to suspension or revocation of membership.
- Children twenty-four (24) months and under do not require a guest pass.
- Non-swimming guests require a pass for admittance.
- Guests are not permitted to enter the facility to look for their member host.
AS PER NEW JERSEY STATE PUBLIC BATHING CODE (SEC.8:26-5.4)
- No one is allowed in any pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- It is prohibited to talk to lifeguards on duty except in the case of an emergency.
- Disposable diapers are prohibited from all pools. Swim diapers are permitted in all pools except the diving tank. As per the New Jersey State Bathing Code all children in swim diapers must wear plastic pants with snug fitting elastic waist and leg bands.
- Any injuries must be reported to the manager immediately.
- Proper bathing attire is required. Swimming in street clothes is not permitted.
- Playing or lingering on pool steps is not permitted.
- Diving and/or jumping off the sides are not permitted.
- Pool may be restricted to swimmers 16 years and over as directed by management (see adult swim)
- Disposable diapers are prohibited from all pools. Swim diapers are permitted in all pools except the diving tank. As per the New Jersey State Bathing Code all children in diapers must wear diapers specifically designed for immersion in water such as swimming diapers.
- Non-swimmers are not permitted in the main pool unless with an adult at all times.
- Floatation devices of any kind are not permitted in the main pool. This includes, water wings, vests, and puddle jumpers.
- Lap Lanes:
- At the pool management’s discretion additional lap lanes may be added between 6pm-8pm (Monday-Thursday) and 11am-12pm (Saturday and Sunday) based on interest and attendance.
- Lap Swim Rules:
Opening – 1 pm: Adults Only – both lap lanes are available for members 18 years and older during this time
1 pm-5 pm: Children/Adults - the inside lap lane (towards the middle of the pool) is available for both children and adults to use during this time. The lap lane (closest to the wall) remains open for adults only
5 pm – close: Adults only – both lap lanes are available for members 18 years and older.
The lanes are limited to one person at a time unless you are from the same household, and then there can be 2 or more. We ask that you limit your time in the lanes to 30 minutes especially if someone is waiting to swim.
- Lane #1 (closest to the wall) is for adults.
- Lane #2 is for children.
- Swimmers are not permitted to cut across the lanes or hang on the lane lines.
- Use of kickboards is allowed by lap swimmers only.
- Playing/lingering on pool steps and ladders is not permitted. Please keep steps and ladders clear so members can safely enter and exit the pool.
- This pool is for children five (5) years of age and younger.
- As per the New Jersey State Bathing Code: Parents or guardians are required to supervise their children at all times. No children are allowed in the wading pool without adult supervision.
- Disposable diapers are prohibited. Swim diapers are permitted. As per the New Jersey State Bathing Code all children in diapers must wear diapers specifically designed for immersion in water such as swimming diapers.
- Jumping and/or diving from the sides of the pool are not permitted.
- Inflatable Water wings (“swimmies”) are not permitted. Swim vests and Puddle Jumpers are permitted in this pool.
- This pool is for children twelve (12) and under.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Flotation devices thirty-six (36) inches and shorter are allowed but may be restricted at peak hours.
- Disposable diapers are not permitted. Swim diapers are permitted in all pools except the diving tank. As per the New Jersey State Bathing Code all children in swim diapers must wear plastic pants with snug fitting elastic waist and leg bands.
- Playing or jumping on the pool ladders is not permitted.
- Inflatable water wings (swimmies) are not permitted. Swim vests and Puddle Jumpers are permitted.
- Non-swimmers are not permitted in this pool.
- Diving is permitted; half-gainers, back flips, cutaways and other dives of this type are not permitted.
- Lifeguard may use his/her discretion as to the ability of a member/guest to use this pool.
- Divers are not permitted to enter the pool until the previous diver has cleared the area.
- Only two swimmers are permitted at any time. Divers are asked to swim directly to the nearest ladder.
- Flotation devices of any kind and goggles are not permitted in this pool.
Please retain a copy of these Rules & Regulations for your own information